As the coronavirus spreads across our state, it is important to know your options for maintaining social distance while ensuring that you have the food, supplies, and medicine needed for yourself and those around you.
Some local stores now provide special early hours for seniors to shop before they are opened to the general public — and soon after they have been disinfected during overnight cleaning. Here are some in our area:
- Adams IGA, Cleveland: Every day 7:00 am to 9:00 am — (706) 348-6226
- Quality Foods, Cornelia: Monday through Saturday 7:00 am to 8:00 am — (706) 778-9512
- Walmart, Cleveland: Tuesday 6:00 am to 7:00 am — (706) 219-2304
- Walmart, Cornelia: Tuesday 6:00 am to 7:00 am — (706) 778-0353
- Walmart, Dahlonega: Tuesday 6:00 am to 7:00 am — (706) 867-6912
- Walmart, Gainesville (400 Shallowford Rd.): Tuesday 6:00 am to 7:00 am — (470) 201-8000
- Dollar General, all locations: Every day 8:00 am to 9:00 am
- Ingles, all stores: Starting March 24, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7:00 am to 8:00 am
Other shopping options:
- Nora Mill will take your order over the phone at (706) 878-2375 and bring your order to your car.
- Many local restaurants have take-out service available and will bring the order to your car. Call ahead and order or use their phone app if they provide one. It’s a good way to support the local restaurants you love.
Kroger and Walmart have systems that enable you to shop from your computer or phone. Simply place the order and select a pick-up time.
Thanks to Elder Jennifer Thomas for providing this information.