Outreach and Peace and Justice committee has been meeting again.
The ministries we have are diverse and serve our brothers and sisters beyond our church family. Our next meeting will be Sunday, October 16 at 9:00 in the conference room. If you are interested, please join us!
September’s meeting included designating funds from the outreach budget for:
- UNICEF to feed flood victim children in Pakistan
- Loaves and Fishes ongoing NPC food pantry- Bins were cleaned, labeled, and restocked
- Food distributed monthly to several families
- Donation to the INDA ALLEN Scholarship for Students of Color in White County
- Angel Tree Christmas gift ministry for children in need
- Quarterly Family Promise meals for the week of September 18-24 for homeless families
- Hispanic ministries dental assistance
- Attending the Hispanic celebration at the Big Red Apple Festival
- Convivio meeting at Nacoochee Presbyterian Sunday, October 9 at 3:00
- Planning for October 30
- Georgia Interfaith Power and Light Solar Panels celebration and program
- 2 Scholarships to help folks going on the Guatemala Mission Trip November 9-18
- Funding for purchase of medicines to take to the clinic in San Juan Olstuncalco
- Funding for Health Fair and doctors in Guatemala to participate
The Guatemala Mission Trip is supported through designated funds to strengthen the partnership between churches and the Association of Mam Christian Women for Development in San Juan Olstuncalco, Guatemala; to help in health fairs focused on mothers and children, including identification of malnourished children, and to view and appreciate what God is doing as well as the beauty, diversity, and challenges in Guatemala. If you wish to support any of them in particular, checks can be made out to Nacoochee Presbyterian Church and write: Guatemala mission trip or Medicine for Guatemala in the memo.
You can also designate for any of the other outreach programs.
Thank you for your prayers and support.