Once there was one, but now there are two – entrances, that is. With completion of our construction project this spring, we have a new, accessible entrance from the parking lot on the side of the building plus the original entrance at the front facing the road.
For a while, that led to some issues and confusion, so a New Entrance Committee, led by elder Debbielee Whelchel, was formed in March to study the situation and make recommendations. The committee’s work is now done and its recommendations have been carried out.
If you haven’t already noticed, the tasks completed were:
- Installation of directional signs at various locations (pointing to the ramp, parking lot, church office, etc.)
- Installation of a movable directional sign with interchangeable letters at the new entrance
- Installation of reflectors at the driveway entering the parking lot from Hwy 255
- Construction and Installation of a new oak name tag rack for the new entrance hallway
- Providing security upgrades for our church secretary’s office
We owe a big thank-you to Jim and Cheryl Crysel, Bob Rimel, Jerry and Cindy White, and Joe and Debbielee Whelchel for actively participating on this committee. Everyone pitched in, and the group was able to accomplish these tasks in a relatively short time.
The committee would like to extend special thanks to Paul Aaron for the design and construction of the new oak name tag holder and to Jerry Vandiver for the installation of an office security door. These two men put extra time and effort into these two projects, and we are extremely grateful. Please take a moment to express your appreciation when you see them.