We involve our young people in programs and activities thatprovide an opportunity for them to play an important role in the ministry ofthe church. During the summer, while middle school students attend Camp Buc (campbuc.org), senior high students havethe opportunity to participate in the Appalachia Service Project (asphome.org). One of our favorite annual projects is “Souper Bowl of Caring” (souperbowl.org) held on Super Bowl Sunday each year. The adults offer a yummy lunch consisting of homemade breads and, you guessed it, soups, and the NPC youth collect funds and non-perishable food items to support the White County Food Pantry, a countywide food bank.List of Programs
Older Adult Ministry
We focus on the spiritual, physical and social well-being of older adults in our church and community. We strive to create asustainable source for those needing guidance in assisted living, trustmanagement, and the needs of everyday life. For information, contact Bob Prim.
Our deacons offer a listening ear and a helping hand to sustain and support our members and friends. Nominated and elected by the congregation, they are available for prayer or a visit, mentoring, transportation and coordinating meals in times of need.Session contacts
Our Session consists of elders elected by the membership. They are responsible for governing the church, setting policy, and strengthening the faith and life of the congregation. The elders chair or serve on committees guiding various aspects of church life, from finances to community and world outreach.Session contacts
- Available during church and Sunday school
- Pre-K through 5th grade
- Meets during the Sunday worship service following the children's message. Learning and play time features Bible stories, Scripture readings and age-appropriate activities.
- 6th through 12th grade
- Special activities throughout the year include work/mission trips and camps/conferences.
- Vacation Bible School
- Annual summer program includes adults and youth from local Episcopal and Baptist churches.
- Adult Education
- Adult Sunday School programs cover a range of topics, including missions, world religions, Middle Eastern conflicts, world health and the environment. For more information contact Bob Prim, the coordinator.
"NPC insistently and persuasively invites, even requires, active engagement with the ethical, moral and political issues of our wider local community, of this state and nation, and of the worldwide human community."
— Keith Nickle